Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Monogram note cards


It's MDS Blog Hop Time again!!  We are showing off what we are currently working on in MDS.   I have been making a bunch of Notecards!

Monogram note cards are so fun and easy in MDS.  I wanted to make a personal gift for my mom for Mother's Day, and I thought that some note cards would be just the ticket.  And, because I put things off too long, I needed to make them somewhat fast :)  My Digital Studio makes it so easy and fun to make your own stationary.  I made 16 note cards for my mom, 4 of each color.  I liked them so much I made some for myself as well!



 I printed the cards directly onto designer paper that I trimmed to 8 1/2 by 11 to make the paper fit into my printer. 




  I opened the software and chose the 5 1/2 by 4 1/4 size greeting card.  I wanted to just print the card fronts and attach them to card stock bases.  If you are making them all the same, you just need to design the first panel of your card.  Then when you go to the print options, you choose the last option called 4 UP Card Front.  





 
Here is my one panel designed.













here is what you get when you choose the 4 Up Card Front option in your quick settings.


If you want all to make different designs, you can design on all four panels of your card.

Then choose the Greeting card Four panels option in your quick settings.  You will notice that some of your panels are upside down.  This is because in this setting, you can make a card and fold it so that it reads correctly, with a front, back , and inside greeting.   In this case though, I am going to just cut the four panels apart and glue them on to card stock. 
I don't have a great printer at home, just a multi-function office printed in my husbands office, but for solid colors like this it worked like a charm.  I added a piece of designer series paper that I cut down to 8 1/2 by 11 into the printer.  I also printed some out on the new Cantaloupe paper.  Pretty!
Here is what I got...


I then cut my panels apart and adhered them to Soft Suede card stock.
Some got ribbon, some got punched flowers or rhinestones or both. 




 
 


I left some super simple.  Now I am all stocked up.  They were really fun to make though, so I am sure some people will get getting monogram note cards for their birthdays. 
Thanks for stopping by!  Now check out what the rest of the Blog Hoppers made!
 

3 comments:

  1. What a wonderful tutorial! Thank you SO much!!

    ~Alicia

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really fun and can't wait to try it for myself :) thank you for joining us this month!, It was a pleasure to have you on board!

    ReplyDelete