Thursday, September 25, 2014

Fall Leaves!

Are you thinking ~ Wait, this is Beth's Digital Cuts but there is a traditional card here, what's going on?  No, you are not in the wrong place, this is an MDS digital card!! I love using MDS to make hybrid cards with my traditional Stampin' Up! products and my digital projects combined! 















To make these cards I first opened a new greeting card project in the 5 1/2 by 4 1/4 landscape format.  I then designed the background of the card, leaving the other 3 card sides blank.  I like to print out 4 card fronts on one page, so that's why I leave the others blank.







 To print these out I click the share button, then the print button, and I get to this page.  You have 4 printing options and you can print 4 ways either using all four sides to fold the card from the one piece or make two cards folded in half or do like me and make 4 card fronts, which is the last option at the bottom.  As you make your choice you will see what that looks like in the preview panel, so I would recommend clicking through all 4 options and see what happens so you can get familiar with what you can do.

Next I open a new project in the 8 1/2 by 11 page size.  I added one of each leaf stamp and colored them in.  Once I had one of each colored, I simply copied and pasted as many as I wanted.

















To make coloring the stamp easier I first change the whole stamps color on the page.  Then I click on the "coloring tool" to add my highlights. When you click on the coloring tool you will get this detail box.  You can zoom in on the leaf to do fine detail work or make the brush larger or smaller.   For this leaf I choose Crushed Curry for the base and then added a little bit of Tangelo Twist and Cherry Cobbler at the edges.  Once you are pleased with your work, click OK.










I printed all my pieces out on Stampin' Up's Naturals White cardstock.



























Next I cut out my pieces and assembled the cards.















Thanks for stopping by today!  Please feel free to contact me with any questions!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment