Monday, March 16, 2015

Re-coloring paper in MDS

Happy Monday everyone!  We have a new sketch at MDS Monday today and we are celebrating spring!! Anita has challenged us to use some signs of spring and a flower on our page.  Spring has just begun to arrive around my house.  We have had a long cold winter.  I don't have any spring photos to scrap yet, so while digging through my older photos I came across this one.  It is actually early fall but looks springy, hopefully Anita will forgive me :)
I did use one trick on this page.  I changed the color of the paper that is in the background.  That scallop stripe paper is actually multicolored but I wanted it to match my boys shirts.  If you add paper to a photo box instead of a punch box, you can recolor it.  Fun right?  You have more patterns of paper than you even realized!  I color matched the paper to a part of David's shirt and because the original paper had darks and lights, the new paper does as well.
Here is the original color of the paper.











Click on the Recolor button on the right side of your design center.  Remember, you need to have added it as a photo box.















When you click on Recolor, you will get an editing box like this.  You can choose from any of the Stampin' Up! colors, or click "more" for more options.










I chose the "picker" option which lets you hover of your photos and pick from a color within them.  You can also choose from other options as well, such as RGB codes or a selection of your saved favorites.







Here is the sketch...

I hope that you will give this sketch a try!  And remember, if you do, please don't forget to show us what you made by linking your photo to your blog or to www.mydigitalstudio.net where there is a free online gallery to share your pages.  Contact me if you have any questions. 

 I have just set up a facebook page, you can follow it by clicking the tab at the top right of my blog post.


I used a few expensive downloads in my page today but I want to point out a few things about them.  The Beautiful Today download comes with a "Class" of videos that shows you how to create a few projects, which will help you get more familiar with your software and comes with really pretty watercolor looking images and papers.  The Love story download is a huge collection of stamps and backgrounds.   The doily punch I used comes with the software.  You can see all that comes with the software by clicking here.    You can recreate this springy look with items already included in the software.

2 comments:

  1. Your page is so lovely! Great idea to change the color on the DSP to match the blue shirts - beautifully done! Your flowers that are blue and pink - draw the eye to your photos...which are cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your page is so lovely! Great idea to change the color on the DSP to match the blue shirts - beautifully done! Your flowers that are blue and pink - draw the eye to your photos...which are cute!

    ReplyDelete