Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Backing Up your MDS files

As most of you know by now, Stampin' Up! has decided to stop supporting My Digital Studio after May 31st of this year.  While this does not meant that you can no longer use it, it does mean that if you have a problem with it, you will not be able to get assistance. Tami at MDS Monday had been working on making some videos to help you back up your software and downloads.  You can view them at the MDS Monday blog under the Video's and How to's tab.  

For those of you with MDS who love it like I do, here is my plan.  I am going to back up my files just in case. Then I am going to continue to use it as I have been for a few years now.  I looked into some other software and found that there is a lot of good stuff out there, but since this is working for me, I am not going to get rid of it just yet. 

When the time comes, and I need to switch, I plan on switching to the My Memories version 6.  here is a link.  The My Memories company is the company that made MDS for Stampin' Up! and works most like MDS.  There are a few issues though.  They do not have the same print options that Stampin' Up! does.  For example with MDS you can make a card and then choose to print 4 to an 8 1/2 by 11 sheet, or you can choose to print two to an 8 1/2 by 11 sheet, cut in half, or  you can print one to fold in fourths.   Also, My Memories does not have Stampin' Up! colors pre-programed, and as I like to make hybrid cards, that is important to me.  However, there are work arounds for all the issues.  Another Stampin' Up! demonstrator Janine Tinklenberg has make a list of all the Stampin' Up! colors and their RGB codes , You are wonderful Jan!! I will add them to the bottom of this post. 

In the mean time, I will keep on creating wonderful pages in MDS and see how it goes.  Be sure to check into backing up your files just in case!  And I plan to keep on posting pages and sketches here and I'll see if that is helpful to anyone. 

I am working on compiling a list of printing options for the MDS Monday site and I will keep you updated on that as well. 





1 comment:

  1. This is great Beth! Thanks for sharing. I will continue to check out your blog for inspiration and hints. I, too, am continuing to use MDS but need to find alternate methods of printing. I have backed up my files but now need to make sure I have bought all the downloads I want!

    ReplyDelete